EBRO Tractor Manuals PDF
EBRO Tractor Service Manuals PDF
EBRO Tractors History
Some EBRO Tractor Service Manuals PDF are above the page.
The first agency of the American manufacturer Ford in Spain was created in 1907 for the import and sale of vehicles of the mark. On June 2, 1920, Ford created a subsidiary in Cadiz, “Ford Motor Co.” a company with a capital of 500,000 Pesetas.
In a rented workshop in Cadiz’s “Free Zone”, Ford launched local manufacturing of the Ford T model and a utility derivative based on the same chassis as well as Fordson tractors.
In 1921 the Ford company asked the Spanish government that its workshops were no longer considered as warehouses but a production workshop in order to increase the national share in production. In 1923 Ford moves the entire factory Avenida Icaria to Barcelona. In 1929 the capital is increased with the arrival of Spanish shareholders and the title is listed on the Spanish stock exchange. The name of the company becomes “Ford Motor Iberica SA“.
During the civil war, the manufacture of vehicles was stopped, Ford being unable to import the necessary parts and the factory was bombed.
With the constraints and limitations during the post-civil war period, the production of trucks with imported parts could resume. During this period of shortage, most of the activity is based on the manufacture of spare parts for the maintenance of vehicles in service before the war and the marketing of gas generators of the Autoforo brand.
During the 1940s and 1950s, making anything in Spain was a real feat. Imports were drastically reduced, gasoline severely rationed, electricity available only a few hours a day, trucks manufactured could not be sold because there were no tires, currencies were scarce and controlled by the political system.
In 1954 Ford Motor Iberica was nationalized and renamed Motor Iberica SA. The Ebro brand has been registered for tractors and commercial vehicles. The first Ebro model was based on the Ford Thames Trader truck.
Supply difficulties after nationalization forced Motor Iberica to buy an iron mine to buy the foreign exchange needed to buy machine tools for the development of the plant. Until 1960, the selling prices of all products were subject to the approval of the Spanish Ministry of Industry and until that date, the Spanish national productions could not supply all the necessary vehicle components to Ebro.
In 1965 all relations with Ford are broken. In 1967, a new production center was inaugurated in the “Zona Franca de Barcelona”. The same year, Motor Iberica buys its competitor Fadisa who produced the Romeo vans under license from the Italian manufacturer Alfa Romeo, Avia, Perkins the diesel engine par excellence in Spain, Aisa who builds the SEAT vans and Jeep models under the brand Vyasa-Ebro.
In 1979, in the midst of a recession, Massey Ferguson owned 36% of the shares of Motor Iberica and sold them to Nissan Motor Co. In 1981 Nissan increased its stake to 55% and began manufacturing Patrol offroad and the small van. Vanette. In 1987, the name of the company becomes “Nissan Motor Iberica SA“.
In 2007 the manufacture of forklift trucks starts in the factories of Avila, Barcelona and Cantabria. 205,990 Nissan vehicles (all-terrain vehicles, utility vehicles and vans) plus 8,804 were manufactured. Nissan Spain had a workforce of 6,669 employees at 31-12-2007.
Ebro manufactured tractors in Spain until the 1980s. Initially, Ebro used Ford technology with its Fordson tractors. The company abandoned Ford and embarked on a phase of independence by launching the 55, 350, 460, 470, 684, 6100 and 6125 series.
Later, the company renews its range of tractors with Massey Ferguson technology. The latest range of tractors manufactured by Ebro uses the Kubota license. Currently Motor Iberica only manufactures Nissan